Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Another Week 31 letter

[Corey couldn't get this to send, so finally told me to get into his mail box to get it, so it's a few weeks late, but still worth posting.]

July 18, 2010

Hey, ----so the computer told me my last weeks’ message did not get sent, I’ll try and send it again.

So the picture is the conference issue of the Ensign, of this year.

We ran into a lot of people this week. There is a huge difference between door contacts here, and when I would go on visits with the missionaries up there. In the states, the problem seems like most people just don’t care, or don’t have time. Here, there are huge numbers of people that are completely adamant about their religion, and just want to fight with us, and in turn, a lot of the missionaries end up bible bashing with the people, trying to prove everything, which is not the point.

So, I’ll try sending photos, I’ve got a funny story...

Ok.... so the first photo is when it rained a little bit, and stopped, and the sewers were overflowing still. Sometimes when it rains hard, the water will shoot up as high as the cars, but I haven’t pulled out my camera for the rain.

The following photos are of the stop signs in my area. It is a little amusing, because at first, I didn’t see any, but I found one, and started looking for others. I’m not kidding when I say that seriously every stop sign in the neighborhood (seriously like every street) is hidden. I guess it doesn’t matter if the drivers are following the laws, but at least all the trees and telephone posts have stopped for the stop signs. I showed the photos to some members in the area, and they said that they have lived here for 15 years and never seen a stop sign.

--------So that is tight about fishing. That’s all I have to say.

Good job for Jared. Did you take a video?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers