Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 64 in El Salvador

March 14, 2011

Hey,

So, sounds like everything is going good for the wedding, sounds crazy. I’m still having a hard time believing it.

So, I guess you guys didn’t get hit by the tsunami from Japan. Everyone was talking about it down here. Sounds like it happened right on the coast.

So, I’ll have to tell you what happened with my comp...the patience has paid off. Changes are coming up, this Wednesday, and my companion got to thinking about it, and realized that we might be separated...and he started to change his attitude. Yesterday he told me, “forgive me for my rancid and bitter attitude, I never learn to appreciate things until I tend to lose them.” ...he’s working, hard. This whole time I was praying that we could help to change and help the life of someone, an investigator or family, but I wasn’t expecting the miracle that has happened with own my companion. We still are suffering the repercussions of the other bad weeks, because we only brought one person to church, and might not be baptizing this month. I have hope that the future will be better...tell grandpa thank for the scripture...D&C 84:106.... Other details.... my companion tends to have a bipolar attitude, some days are good, and some days are bad...so a couple of weeks ago, on one of his good days, he told me that he was never going to be discouraged again in the mission, so I made a little contract that day (kind of the same stuff we do with some of the investigators with bipolar decisions.... do a little contract for goals, and have them sign it)....anyway, I pulled it out, half joking, half seriously, and he immediately changed his attitude again, and told me it was no game....but, yesterday while we were walking, he told me to pull out my agenda, then told me to flip to the first page, ...he had signed the contract. He told me that he was going to change for the mission. Maybe I couldn’t help many investigators this week, but I could hold it out for my comp.... thanks everyone for your support!

...So, my camera had a virus.... I copied my photos to a disc, then I had to format the memory and camera.... it gets rid of the virus and the photos.

Umm. Mom-----ok, so I don’t think I’ll be needing anything soon.... maybe shoes, but I’ll be buying those here. I’m good on contacts, I’ve got my own medicine closet, as for the salmon...the canned stuff is actually pretty good, but the stuff in the sealed bags taste like raw chum salmon...really don’t worry about sending anything. But, if you absolutely feel the need to do something, you can send me one of those maps with the slots for the state quarters and provinces quarters. Ha-ha, I’ve got a little collection going.

Anyway, that’s it folks. Good luck on the wedding. Tell Kendra to write me on this....

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers