Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 63 in El Salvador

March 7, 2011

Hey,

Well, sounds like everything is going good up there...

I don’t have much to say this week. My companion has been depressed, very depressed, because he hasn’t been able to communicate with his parents for the last three weeks, even though they have been able to communicate with them. He doesn’t want to work, or study, or get out of bed, and pretty much has lost all motivation. I try to help him, but he has always had a bit of a strong attitude, and in these conditions he’s very bitter, and yells to criticize me...I’m seeing re-runs in my head over and over again between my comps, and I’m hoping that president is going to change the cassette...but not likely. I’ve tried talking to my comp about experiences in the mission, Alaska, movies, really anything I can to keep his mind distracted, but nothing prevails, and he keeps repeating that he wants to go home.

I’m doing well though. I’ve learned that faith is a decision, hope also. It just bothers me that I have had so many companions like this, because we are not able to work, and do not have the spirit. I feel that my potential is so much greater, but I am stuck to babysit, and the results of our work are always lower than they could be...than they should be.

On the other hand, my studies have been going well, and everything is piecing together well.

Well, good luck on the wedding. Congrats to Kendra. I hope it all goes well.

That it for now folks...

Elder Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers