Thursday, October 21, 2010

Week 44 in El Salvador

October 18, 2010

Hey,

It’s a long story. My computer broke last week in the middle of writing the letter, so I switched to a different computer and tried to start over, and that one also closed down on me. By the time I was finished, I couldn’t write anything, because the zone leaders were leaving, and we aren’t allowed to write anything without them in the room. By then the second group of missionaries, the Illopango zone came into the cyber, I wasn’t allowed to stay with them, and so I talked to Elder Nay, one of my good friends. I told him to send a note to his mom, so she could contact you, saying that whatever was left of my letter would be in the draft pile. I wrote a note reminding him, and he set it out on his desk, wrote his family, packed, and then saw the note---he told me like three days later, so I figured you didn’t get a letter. Things happen, and I guess some things aren’t supposed to happen. I sent what was left of my first draft. The rest doesn’t exist.

So we had a baptism last weekend. Sonia Escobar. She will be one of the best baptisms we’ve had, the most prepared. We have two strong ones coming up for the 30th of October if all goes well too.

We had a capacitatoin meeting. He was supposed to deliver the message of what the apostles have changed in the missions. Basically its the same exact stuff that was already in Preach my Gospel, just explained with movies, so that we could see how we were suppose to do it.

I don’t know if I told you, but Elder Brandao is with Elder Dennis. It’s weird to see them together. Brandao has gained a lot of weight. He gave me a pair of skinny jeans that didn’t fit him anymore.

Things are still going good with my companion. We have the same charisma as I had with Brandao. Things are going well.

I’m still healthy, despite the fact that I almost swallowed a cockroach that was in my hot chocolate. My cocinara freaked out when I pulled the cockroach out of my mouth. She apologized, she said she looked through all the chocolate pieces before making it. She let me drink a two-liter thing of seven up, and also gave me a typical El Salvador-moral as an “early Christmas present.” I feel bad for her, but she still has a sense of humor, so I can bug her about it.

I’m sending you a package today, if I can. It has a couple little watercolors. Everything in it is for mom and dad. Mostly just pictures and posters. I’m also sending myself a little book. It explains the history of El Salvador from the ages of the Indians to the formation of fmln. It’s in black and white and in Spanish, but you can look through it.

I’m putting into practice what Uchdoft said in his talk--to simplify life---I actually get more done, have more success, and tend to have a little free time when we get home for the night. It’s smooth. It’s not that I’m doing less, I’m just doing it easier.

I’m gonna send this one before it deletes.

Chow---I’m gonna write more.

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers