Monday, April 5, 2010

Week 17 in El Salvador

Hey,

Ok, so as for my health, I am still very exhausted. I’m going to buy iron pills today, and see if that makes a difference. It might just be the sun, ‘cause these two months are suppose to be the hottest of the year, and I’m sweating so hard that people keep commenting that I’ve been going swimming. It’s all good though, ‘cause the rainy season starts soon.

We were up in the woods, near the volcano this week, and there is an insect that I wish you could’ve heard. We were outside with this one family, and this bug started hissing. At first I thought it was a fire alarm going off in the house---extremely loud, so I turned to look. The family said it was this bug called a ciggara. I asked if that meant cicada, the bug that sounded similar in Missouri, and they said cicada has the same name in Spanish, and also a less intense sound. After the first bug sounded off, the whole forest lit up with sound. I’m not kidding when I say that these little bugs could make a person deaf. They start off with a clicking sound---CLICK Click Click click, getting higher pitch, and then they like scream, which is when its super loud.

This week was the Catholics Holy Week. It’s been crazy. These people are nuts, but I’ve got some cool photos, and I’ll see if I can send them. There were huge parades, and a parade of what I call the purple-KKK. They all carry crosses, and dress up, with their preachers screaming at everyone. I got some pictures of the street artwork, but not the parade, because it was too crazy.

It rained yesterday, pretty hard, but the Latinos say its just beginning. The water soaked through the holes in the bottoms of my shoes, so I decided to bust out the boots.

I’m gonna see if I can send photos on this new website, but for now, chow

-Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers