Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 20 in El Salvador

As for my companion, things have gotten better. I’ve had to adjust the way I do things a little, and now he is more involved. I was told he didn’t talk with his last companion that much either, but we’ve found common ground on a couple things, and I’m working with that. He is still way better than my first companion, and he doesn’t hate me, and is not racist, so life is good. I figured out how big our area is and its limits, which is about 2 colonies, when my last area had about 30, so I’m planning on knocking every door in the area, and re-knocking the ones that don’t answer, starting at street one house one. The people are different here in the city, and more people want to preach to us or argue with us, and less want to listen. There is a church in the area, called the church of Toby. Toby is an ex-missionary from the LDS church, and now he has broken off and formed his own. The members have tons of anti-doctrine, and their church is run more or less on the same organization as the LDS, so it’s weird.

My sickness has been steady for the most part. Every once in a while I’ll still get the stomach pains and headaches I used to get. We have a multi-zone this week, so I’m going to talk to the mission nurse.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe our Fairbanks 3rd Ward's Toby can fly down there and iron things out. You're awesome Corey! Keep up the GREAT work. Brad went on his mission to upstate New York. The notoriety the church got, due to the Sacred Grove and the Hill Cumorah pageant, there was a lot of anti-activity. Satan knows you're there and carry with you a great spirit. But where there is great opposition you can be assured there is great opportunity. The Buma family is cheering you on and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers