Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 69 in El Salvador

April 18, 2011

Hey,

All right, so I’ll see what I can do for my camera, but I might be getting a new one in a week or so...it still takes photos, but the lens doesn’t adjust at all, and it won’t go in either. I’m not going to get rid of it yet.

I was gonna ask you about my friends in the missions, but it sounds like everything is going good...

Kinda weird---I’m not gonna see Ian for like four years. He’s probably gonna grow a couple more feet while he’s gone too. I won’t even be able to recognize him.

The work here is a little tough right now...if I can describe it shortly, read ALMA 4:11.... there are huge divisions in the ward, and we can really only work with like 7 people.... in my past areas, I was working with the whole ward, and we had success..... but here, I have only baptized one person in the last seven weeks (absolutely terrible for here)....the bishop is part of the division, and there are groups of members against him too, so nothing works out. I’ve pulled out every idea I’ve had, and I think I’ll need more ideas...we started working with the members.... we come home every night absolutely exhausted. Sometimes I feel like my best isn’t enough.... my companion is still working hard...and we work well together..... I figure it follows a pattern though.... after the hardest trials are the most rewarding blessings..... I look back on my time in Illopango, where I only baptized Giellermo Roberto Masferrer, who now has the Melchizedek priesthood and who finished reading the Book of Mormon before I left.... a little while ago I heard that every Sunday, he goes around helping the missionaries to pick up investigators.....I have a hope that it will be a similar story here.

Six days ago, I placed a goal that I was going to study the Book of Mormon, D&C, and Pearl of Great Price, all two times more and the New Testament once more before I finish the mish.... I am finishing Matthew and Second Nephi.... I think I’m a little behind.

I haven’t sent my photos yet.... they told me that I shouldn’t send envelopes, but that it needed a box...I’ve got three more paintings too. I feel kinda bad, haven’t had time to paint at all, even p-days.

As for dad’s question----I will be staying in the El Salvador San Salvador mission.... we will have the temple and the prophet is coming to dedicate it!

chow fo now.

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers