Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 56 in El Salvador

January 17, 2011

Hey,

Well, sounds like lots of things have happened.

As for my rrr´s, my tongue is still like a floppy piece of jerky.... when I try to roll my rrr´s, I can’t, but when I’m talking it somehow comes out.... I have more difficulty with words like perro, but I can tend to pronounce other words like terremoto.... I have been practicing with every companion I have had, and they have all shown me how to roll my rrr´s... but, there are also Latino’s with speech impediments to pronounce the rrr´s...the solution is we use substitute words...perro=chucho, carro=auto, and so on. I’m still working on it...I’ve tried every rhyme and song. My MTC teacher couldn’t pronounce his rrr´s either.... as for me, it depends on the words I say...kinda weird.

Katerin was baptized. Now we’re doing everything we can to help her get to all the activities and enter seminary when it starts.

Well, something funny happened.... I guess that package did get to me (the one with dads card).... I thought you meant the card was WITH the kleenex, and not INSIDE the kleenex.... I found it the other week when we ran out of toilet paper.

My cocinara got the package, super excited...by the way I should probably tell you, she has also gained ten pounds during the time I’ve been here. I don’t know if there is any relation between her weight, and the new taste of her food.... her three-year-old adopted daughter walked up. ”mommy, when are you gonna have the baby?”...thanks for sending the package mom, ha-ha she’s now on a “diet.”

I’ve been busy. I think I’ve worked or have had to do projects every P-day this change, and today I need to renew my visa and immigration records....

I’ve copied my photos to a DVD.... bad news, my camera has virus in the memory card.... even the machines in this country get parasites.... tell me what you can do from up there...the photos are still there, just don’t want to infect the computer.

As for my sicknesses.... things have mostly cleared up. I still have a little cough in the morning, and a little phlegm in the morning.

Well, that’s all for now folks,

Elder Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers