Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 54 in El Salvador

January 3, 2011

Hey,

I don’t have much to say this week. We’ve been working like crazy. We had one lesson that I remember I had in a dream once, and she is very positive...Hna. Marihelena. On the second lesson, she came out to meet us, with three pages of notes over the CHAPTERS she had read in the Book of Mormon. But, like normal, my companion was distracted during the lesson, flipping a coin up and down, and at the moment to talk about baptism, the coin hit the baby daughter in the head, sending her crying....Hmmmm, almost. I’ve put restrictions on him.... no playing with stuff on the ground while we are talking to people, no flipping coins during lessons.........I’m planning on inviting members with every lesson we have with Hna. Marihelena, maybe he’ll be less distracted. I like how you describe him though...odd...I think I was searching for that word last week.

This transfer is going to be hard. Working with my last companion, many investigators were lost, so we don’t have much for this month, and working with my new comp, well I don’t know. I’m hoping things will pull together soon.

One of my friends, and elder from Costa Rica, got hit by a taxi, and has broken his arm in three parts. He’s in a splint, from what I’ve heard.

New Years past again. Lots of fireworks. The house was shaking all night.

Chow for now,

Elder Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers