Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 55 in El Salvador

1-10-11

Hey,

That’s great about the artwork. I should have told you, the other week I bought a cheep sketchbook, and am drawing pictures in the lessons, to keep their attention...if there are kids or youth.... the other day, were teaching a lesson to a girl who has a tendency to be “blond”, very hard to teach her, but I pulled out the sketchbook, drawing pictures of the plan of salvation, and something clicked, and she asked, “are you trying to tell me that we are here on the earth to choose between right and wrong???” ---I was shocked, she learned and remembered a complete lesson, and later she repeated it to us. Her name is Katerin, and she’s now got a baptismal goal for this weekend. I’m pretty sure she could pass the interview, but we will be spending this week making sure that she will stay in the church afterwards. ..........Also, as for artwork, I did a drawing for our cocinara, of her adopted three-year-old daughter.

Marihelena has been going to the church activities, but every weekend she goes to clean her other house in Apopa. It’s a bit difficult to change habits, but we’ll be talking with her this week.

I’m doing well. My cough is clearing up.

Ok so, I have a couple favors...I told some youth from Pepeto, that I know where Santa Clause lives, that he has his little store and about three reindeer...and they are bugging me for some photos. I don’t know how much longer I’ll be here (maybe two weeks more).... if you could send a couple pics of the Santa Clause house, and Santa, and the reindeer, and the toys...haha, if you could be so kind. Thanks

Chow for now,

Elder Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers