Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 27 in El Salvador

Hey,

I don’t have much to write this week. It’s been a bit difficult, lots of work, the people have crazy problems, so we have to come up with crazy solutions to help them.

I went to the center of San Salvador for my second time. It was a bit strange, because my first time was my first day here. I remember it being so weird, but now it just looks completely normal. I feel like I’m part of these people, like I’ve lived here my whole life, I just remember that I haven’t when I get on the busses, and everyone still looks at me like I am ET. I have fun with it though; I am ET. Who has ever heard of Alaska.... yeah that’s right, where I’m from, I can cook marshmallows on the northern lights.

Haha, as for the money issue, that hit a lot of us. I ran out about my first week of this change, and have been paying all the bills with your money. My last companion didn’t pay his half, and my new companion is blaming it on my old companion, so he refuses to pay also. It’s all messed up, but I’m being patient.

Hey send me photos of the polkadot house. I’m sending photos right now. The first one is the statue of Salvador del Mundo, which marks the center of the city.

You might get a laugh out of the second one---I’ll give it a title this time---´´ this is my I´m-cooking-chocloate-pancakes-out-of-salvidorianian-cake-mix / scorging-both-my-hands-on-a-stove-that-only-has-a-high-setting-Face´´...ok, maybe I’ll work on the title. Thanks for the cake mix.

Ok. I don’t have much time to write. I got here late, because we had to pay bills. I hope everything is chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers