Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 13 in El Salvador

Hey, yah I heard that you called the mission. Sister Perez freaked out, and now the whole mission knows that I am Elder Parasito. They told me to tell you that I am feeling better, but I don’t know who told them that. This week I was exhausted, but I am on medication. My rash has left. I don’t feel as much pain, but I am just tired all the time, and have still had migraines every day this week. I don’t have the exam with me, and I don’t know if they told you, but I have a stomach infection of three different classes of parasites. The only name I recognized was E. Coli, and the others had names just as beautiful...one started with an E (but it was different) and the smaller name was nani. Sorry I don’t have the papers right now.

Today I am feeling good, and this Tuesday I felt ok. I crashed last night, and just went to bed after we got home. I slept really well, and in the morning I woke up to my companion jumping on the bed “IT’S P-DAY!”----I seriously didn’t know where I was for a moment, or who he was. I thought I was in Montana or Dillingham for a minute, and then it all came back to me.

Yah, so Elder Dennis is in our little district of four. On Wednesday I went on splits with him. His Spanish is doing way better than mine was at his point.

I don’t think you guys need to worry so much about my sickness. I’ve been through worse, and I can get through this one too. As soon as I said I was going to work harder this change, is when I got sick. I figured there was gonna be a little hill to climb. It’s just like Matt Shawcroft says when we go snow machining---“boys, you ain’t havin’ fun unless you’re getting stuck every now and then.” I can’t be a missionary in El Salvador without dealing with some little bumps. I wanted an adventure. Besides, the scriptures say not to worry, because worrying just makes things worse--Matthew 6:34, that’s good enough for me. I know I’ll be fine.

As for this week, some interesting things have been happening. On Tuesday, we spent the day in the colony of La Miramar. We left late that night, and the next time that week when we came to visit Miramar, a sister came out to us, a little worried. She was having trouble believing we were ok. She told us a story of what happened Tuesday night; around the time we were leaving. I guess there was some kind of little fight, and someone got shot at the bus top where we had just left. I am surprised the violence spreads this far out from the capital. My companion has stories from when he was in the capital, the things he saw, but they probably shouldn’t be shared.

So when Sister Perez freaked out, she was wondering what I was eating. Just the normal stuff. But I guess we are supposed to have a special cook, to prepare our meals in this area. Sister Perez flipped out when we heard that we didn’t have a cook, and were just eating at members’ houses. Now I eat at the Papusaria that the Vermudez family owns.

I am on medication right now---I don’t remember how to spell the names, but one its like ciprofloxacin and the other is zelnidacol (I think that’s it). The nurse hasn’t told me anything; just “you have a stomach infection.” So I am still clueless as to what this is. I am also taking Motrin and those migraine meds you gave me. I’m feeling good right now, but I’ll see how later goes.

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers