Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 71 in El Salvador

May 2, 2011

Hey,

So, this week I’m going to send the package...don’t worry about the flag, I got a big one that you can hang from the ceiling.... in the box I’ll have my pictures too.

I got your package this week...and the salmon. Tell Katrina thanks.... I’ve decided to reseal Alyssa’s painting for a future day.... like maybe ten years, and I got Kendra’s invitation...this really isn’t a joke is it?

The new mission president will be David Glazier and his wife.

I’m not sure if dad read one of my past letters, because he was asking about it, so I’ll repeat it... when I finish I will be coming directly to Fairbanks.

Next week, José Amadeos will be getting baptized. He just needs the interview.

Last night I trapped a scorpion in the house, and I cut off its tail with a spoon...the ants had eaten it by the morning.

I’m going to try to get my camera fixed today...I’ve got an old investigator friend that fixes cell phones and cameras, and I told him the problem and said that he would fix it for free, so I’ll take it to him tonight.

Elder Lindsey is in my zone, also Elder Brown, the two of them came with me in the MTC.

The sister missionaries that came in our group have now gone home...it’s a bit strange to think of how fast it has gone.

Elder Dexter’s old friend Veronica just got a new calling...she is teaching Gospel Principle class, and will start next week.

We have been visiting a bunch of the members and less actives lately to try to re-motivate them. I feel bad though, because they have no confidence whatsoever in the bishop (some with good reason), but he is still their bishop. I feel bad though because a ton of them while talking to us, have confessed things, and have told us that they just needed to tell someone...I honestly do not know what to do in this case, because it is the bishop’s responsibility and not mine...I feel that all I can do is to encourage them.

Me and my companion have put new goals, and new methods of working, and it’s working out...we are teaching shorter lessons, and about twice the lessons in one day...I think I’m going to buy markers to do pictures for the lessons.

That’s about it for now,

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers