Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 50 in El Salvador

December 6, 2010

Hey,

It’s surprising that Christmas is here already. It’s gone by so fast. I’m

thinking that I’ll still be in this zone for Christmas, so that will

be cool.

This week was kinda slow. I’ve had a cold, and am coughing up green

stuff, and I’m always tired. I think its passing though, because a

couple of days ago I completely lost my voice, but it has mostly

recovered since then. I’m still feeling a little slow.

The ward had a couple of baptisms, and they have been working with a

young woman named Lujana. She was baptized along with a boy of a less-active family. The boy was really nervous about it.

Our cocinara painted her house.... actually her boys painted her house.

First with the wrong color...neon yellow, and they were wondering

why their mom had chosen that color, and then she got home, and

freaked out when all the house was painted, and she called her

husband....and the first thing she says..”this is so ugly, what were

you thinking”....so he gets home, looks at the house, the first thing

He says is…”nah, that’s really cool, good job boys.” In the end

the mom won, and the boys had to go get a different paint.

This week we helped prepare for a birthday party for fifteen year old

girl. The 15th parties are huge, bigger than weddings. We were

invited to help prepare the food, and set everything up.

It’s been really cold this week, and I’m thinking about buying covers

for the bed.

Thank you for your letters, and for keeping me updated on the family.

That’s about it. I’ve got to run to the house real quick to grab some

records I forgot.

Chow for now.

Elder Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers