Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 6 in El Salvador

18 January 2010

These people are great, but some hate me. And my last companion would get frustrated and yell at me a lot. He would say ¨don’t ask questions, you should just know this stuff. He knew everything though, and I was just learning, and he was always frustrated. I knew it would be tough, and I know it will be good for me, and I know it is helping to build me.

So, changes were today. I have to show the area to my new companion. He’s from Panama, and knows a little English, a couple words. Awesome.

Tuesday, Elder Gomez got sick. We went to the hospital for him, and the doctor took one look at him, and then he turned to me, and said I looked worse. On the bus ride over I had developed a body-wide rash, and my diarrhea had gotten worse, and I was pale with a fever.

A sugar cane truck crashed the other day. Those things are huge---semi-size. It was on its side, and they moved the cane to a different truck. I don’t know how they got it flipped around.

So, people here love Obama. The president of El Salvador, Mauricio runs on the same slogan---un cambio seguro--a sure change. They believe Obama has brought peace. It’s interesting to see it from this side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers