Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 94 in El Salvador

October 3, 2011

Hey,

My fever left on Wednesday...it was about 101.8 d F ...the doctors never figured out what it was either. They said it could have been some type of infection, but for a day they were worried it might be malaria. I don’t have the fever, but I’m feeling drained. I tried to play soccer this morning, and had to lie on the ground, cause I was feeling so weak.

That’s crazy that the kids got cell phones. I hope you still have my old one with the broken screen. I just want something I can call and receive calls, and something that I don’t have to worry about getting smashed again.

That’s cool that Alyssa is learning to ride a bike.

Well, we just figured out that Hermano Santana was already baptized, even though he could hardly remember, we checked the records anyway, and found out he was baptized January 1st, 1995----the same time that he came from El Salvador from Nicaragua, and was introduced to the church. The wife is nervous about baptism, and now nervous that her husband is a member. They’ve got a long story.---he use to be a troublemaker and a womanizer in Nicaragua, he got married over there and had two kids, then his wife divorced him, and he came to El Salvador to look for job opportunities in selling jewelry. In his new business, he met Jaquelin, and after a year of being friends, they started going out, and got married (without telling her that he had two children in Nicaragua), then the guilt got to him and he told her, she was fine with it as long as he still wasn’t with the other girl. So they have had two kids, Margari and Sarai---still in his business of buying and selling gold and jewelry, while he was driving to his business, he was pulled over and robbed of all the jewelry he had, he spent about 6 years in poverty paying it all back and has decided to not go back to selling jewelry, so he moved to a small lot in Tierra Blanca, and has a small sale of cell phone reparation----that’s when we found them, still suffering in poverty---he sold his truck to buy a gas scooter----anyways, long story short----his wife still doesn’t have his complete trust, so she is not sure about getting baptized as a family. I’m still thinking they can get baptized this week, but she needs to get on her homework of reading the Book of Mormon, if not nothing will happen.

I need to ask a favor before I forget,..... Tell the missionaries that I want half a box of books of Mormon before October 12th. I don’t know what kind of materials they have up there, but a copy or two of “our search for happiness” wouldn’t be a bad idea too.

I don’t have a lot to say. I’m still feeling a little weak. As for the shoes.... well I only really have one pair, I’m not so sure about mounting them though.... recently I cut up an old bottle of bug spray, and put the plastic under my soles, so the concrete wouldn’t burn my feet. I’ll see if it lasts. Really if you wanted me to save a pair of shoes, it should have been the other ones that I burned in San Miguel.

Well that’s it for now.

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers