Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week 93 in El Salvador

September 26, 2011

Hey,

No, I didn’t know that Liz was pregnant...I lose track of all my cousins...there is one elder in the mission, Elder Orton, whose grandparents had something like 16 kids, and each of the kids has a big family too---he 19 yrs old, is the oldest of 63 + cousins---he showed me a picture with his grandparents holding all their grandkids---I don’t remember the exact numbers, but a big family.

This week we have done a lot of service projects, especially for the families we are teaching. We cleared out one guy’s yard...it was before a jungle, but now he has a yard. We spent most of the day with machetes and cumas. We brought the leaders too (the first time the leaders here have supported a project).

We also painted a house for another family.

We are doing pretty good. Two of the three families came to church again, the others were going to come, but they are in a kind of economical crisis right now.

Yesterday I came down with a fever...yesterday it was about 100. 2 degrees F, and today at 2:30 am it was 101.4 F---I’m feeling a little bit better, though I feel weak, and I didn’t sleep much, my whole bed is wet from sweat, and now our room smells like a giant tree sloth. But we are doing pretty well. I still don’t know what it is though, because apart from weakness, I have no other symptoms.

I’ll try to send pics.

Chow for now,

Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact information

Corey’s contact information:

Pouch services through SLC. Letters can only be single sheet, tri-folded and taped shut (no envelopes.)

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

POB 30150

Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150

USA

Mission address: If sending packages, Corey says it’s safer to put Christian stickers on the front:

Elder Corey Day

El Salvador San Salvador East Mission

Centro Comercial 105 Local #204

Paseo General Escalon #105 Ave.Sur

San Salvador, San Salvador

El Salvador


You can also write him through dearelder.com (it's free!)

Followers